In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for surveying commercial insulation and painting works, estimating materials required and communicating the financial cost.
Estimator Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfil company and client instructions in a timely manner;
- Read blueprints and analyse all other applicable documents in order to prepare estimates;
- Collaborate with contractors, engineers, architects, supervision and coordinators during survey in order to ensure overall accuracy;
- Use information gathered during survey to create cost estimation of works;
- Present estimates to clients and colleagues in a timely and polite manner;
- Recommend cost-reduction options;
- Maintain thorough records of all documentation including estimates and project completion documentation.
Estimator Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous commercial painting and insulation estimation experience;
- Ability to operate independently or with a crew;
- Interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Critical thinking, analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
- Time management skills.