Mission of Function:
The Security Professional LC ZA is a full time embedded Security Professional attached to the Siemens security department (GM SEC) who contributes as part of the Regional Security Office to the protection of Siemens personnel, assets and operations in South Africa or additionally, when required in the region where Siemens may operate.
In support of Regional Company CEO/ Management, the Regional Security Officer and the Country Security Officer LC ZA, he job-holder is responsible for supporting the implementation and compliance with the requirements set by GM SEC, as described in the Mandate, Circulars and Instructions.
The holder of the position provides tactical guidance and operational support through the COSo LC ZA to the LC ZA Company CEO, the management teams and other stakeholders in relation to GM SEC security matters, working in close cooperation with the other GM SEC departments and Division Security Officers.
There is a further responsibility to promote security awareness and to deliver proportionate and cost effective security measures to support the achievement of business objectives.
1. Undertakes tasks as requested by the Country Security Officer LC ZA, and the Regional Security Officer so as to insure compliance with the Siemens security standards and processes set by GM SEC.
2. In support of Regional Security Officer and the COSo LC ZA CEO maintain effective security and crisis management structures through identifying key stakeholders and establishing effective working relationships with them in order to meet business security requirements, in particular reference to Project and Travel Security
3. Provides tactical advice and operational support to identified stakeholders and business units in responding to security related incidents, including incident and crisis management, incident reporting and investigation.
4. Supports the development of local security procedures to mitigate security threats whilst proactively monitoring the security environment in order to prioritise activities to support business goals and achievements, including physical security measures at Siemens operated sites
5. Develops and supports local initiatives in response to business security requirements and to maintain security awareness within individual business units.
6. Provides input and feedback to the GM SEC functional departments for the development of regulations, processes and services.
7. Develops and maintains internal and external networks in order to stay current with industry best practice and developments in delivering cost effective security.
Professional Variety of Business• Relevant academic degree, a professional qualification from a recognised security authority or appropriate security experience through working within law enforcement, regulatory enforcement or equivalent experience for a minimum of five years
• 3 – 5 minimum years experience working in corporate security or a similar commercial environment in senior capacity/or demonstrating a working knowledge of Africa, including practical experience of incident and crisis management, within an international company, a security company or similar experience such as law enforcement
Project / Process
Variety of Function Areas•
Project Management experience (e.g. process implementation, etc.)
• Able to prioritise tasks and to manage workloads in an effective manner with minimal direct supervision and flexibility in managing multiple and diverse tasks
• Ability to analyze and assimilate information from diverse sources and proactively communicate risks and threats to the business
• Effective problem solving skills and able to work under stress in time critical situations
Variety of Function Types• Good negotiating and influencing skills, demonstrating communication ability across company cultural and business hierarchy levels
• Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage with a variety of audiences, particularly CEO and other senior managers
Variety of Cultures• Ability to work in a team
• Good command of English (spoken and written)
• Sensitive and responsive to the needs of different ethnic and cultural groups, demonstrate regional country specific awareness
• Proven integrity and high personal standards of behavior
A d d i t i o n a l R e q u i r e m e n t s (Education, Training, Working conditions, etc.)
• Good understanding of South African and regional security risks
• Good communication skills
• Effective presentation and report writing skills Ability to travel at short notice (valid passport) Compliance and Ethics oriented